Thursday, May 21, 2009

Schoool's...Out. For. Sum-mer!

I have been singing that one line over and over to myself all day.

Today was Libby's last day of preschool.
Here she is on the first day back in September:

She has changed so much since then. She has gotten taller and her face has lost it's last traces of baby fat. She doesn't look like my baby anymore. She is definitely a "big girl" now! She has become more confident and less anxious in unfamiliar situations. She has learned to write her name. She learned who Batman is from Jeremy and she learned the phrase "no fair!" (God bless the child who taught her that one!) She has had such a wonderful year filled with new experiences, new friends and a fabulous teacher! I wish Mrs Johnston was going to pre-kindergarten with her!

I don't actually have any pictures of the last day of school since my camera is still MIA. This picture was taken last week. Libby is playing dress up in "the Loft" with her friend Jiya.

She is growing up way too fast!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I know! They do grow up wayyyy too fast! I can't believe preschool is over for us! Thank goodness Melody, Charlie, EJ and JT still get to go through....

Krystyn said...

Oh, she's growing up! And, she's such a big girl!

Pam said...

Getting out of school for the summer is totally a bummer (unless of course, you are a teacher, and then you jump for joy like I did a week ago!)when you think that now you have to entertain your own children non-stop for weeks on end. But then you really think about how much they've grown and learned in the span of a school "year". It's really sort of unbelieveable.

My baby heads off to Kindergarten in the Fall and I don't really know what to think at this point. I'm excited and sad all at the same time. I'm sure I'll be a complete mess come mid August! I certainly hope you do better than me. At least you have 2 more behind Libby to look forward to.

heidi said...

Already out?! Crimeny! We have 3 more weeks, yo. Which is ok with me because my kids will be bored by day 2 and killing ME with their boredom.

Megan R. said...

I can't believe the school year is over! It had started not long before I had Carson, and now it's over! Which means that my baby too, is growing up TOO FAST!!!