Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Road trip

Well we survived our first road trip with three children!

My brother graduated from medical school this past Sunday and I had promised him months ago that so long as I had a two week old baby, I would be there. Since John was born in plenty of time to make the two week old cutoff, we loaded up the car and drove the 10+ hours to Brimingham, AL to celebrate with my family.

John is a super traveler! The other two children...not so much! We had been in the car for less than 20 minutes when Libby started asking "Are we there yet?" "How much longer until we get there?" "Why is it so far to Granna's house?" and so on and so on! When we finally arrived, Libby told my sister that it had taken us a few days to get there!

We had a great time visiting with family and I took lots of pictures, but of course I forgot my camera in Birmingham. So I am going to wait until I get it back to tell you all about the graduation. (It blows my mind that my baby brother is a doctor! But more about that later!)

9 comments:

Krystyn said...

Congrats to you brother!

And, you are braver than I...we have only done one road trip...with one kid!

Krystyn said...

BTW, you need to update your profile!

imbeingheldhostage said...

wow, you brave brave woman... but I think if my brother was becoming a doctor, I'd drive across the US if I had to. Congrats to him!

Margaret said...

That is so exciting for your brother.

I'm glad the trip went well other than the "Are we there yet"s.

heidi said...

Woohoo!! We always travel at night. With 4 kids, it's just easier on us to be awake for an extended period of time than to try and travel with all these hooligans. LOL

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

What a brave woman! I'm so proud that you took the trip. I'm sure it meant a lot to your brother and I bet it was great to see all of your family! Cracks me up about "are we there yet?" Not so much if I was in the car, however. ;)

Emily said...

I know what you mean...not only can my brother beat me up now (well, ok, he's been able to do that for a few years!) but he's also a lawyer! Weird.

Pam said...

You were definitely a trooper on that trip. But I know your brother appreciated it more than you know.

Know just what you mean about being 20 minutes into a LONG drive and the kids wanting to know how much longer it is til you're THERE. Drives me crazy, I tell ya!

OK, and have I missed the name change or what? Are we calling him JT or John? Gotta know how to address the little guy, ya know.

And I also agree with Krystyn, you need to update that profile. I couldn't remember if you were in Tampa or Orlando and went there for confirmation. No dice. (We have a surprise trip for the kids planned to D!$#&y in August)

I have to tell you that I'm so impressed with the fact that you can actually blog AT ALL with 3 children these days. Especially since school's out.for.summer! Good one, by the way!

Have a great week,
Pam

Megan R. said...

A doctor?? I needed this information when I was still single!!! Congrats to him! And you are very brave/slightly insane for taking on a 10 hour road trip with 3 kids, one of whom is a newborn! You are my hero!