Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moving across the hall

JT earned himself a one way ticket out of Mommy's room the other night. I would really like for him to keep sleeping by my bed because it is just easier for me but after he kept me awake between feedings Monday night with all of the grunting, snorting and snarfling in his sleep (i swear I have the noisiest kids!), I decided the time has come for him to go! Mommy's sanity depends on it!
Even though co-sleeping is the most convenient option (for me) during those early weeks when babies eat so much at night, each of my children has gotten less time sleeping with me than the one before. Libby got a full six weeks in my room. She was my first baby and I was nervous about her being on the other side of the house from me. She was also the noisiest of my children and because of that Brad and I actually slept in the living room on the pull out couch for one of those weeks while she stayed in our room so that I wouldn't be too far from her! Brad finally put his foot down and demanded that he be allowed back in his own bed! (I had PPD after Libby and was slightly off my rocker at the time!) Emma Jane got two weeks before her nighttime symphony got her booted from my bed. JT only made it ten days! I thought he was going to be the quiet one. I was wrong!
Here he is sleeping in his crib for the first time! I actually put him down awake and he put himself to sleep! Yea, JT!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Awe, he is so precious. I love that little look they get when their eyes close...their forehead wrinkles up like they are trying just so hard to keep those eyes open!
Oh, and my kids only got about a week each before Alex banned them from our room!

Morgan said...

Awww... I bet JT loves his crib too! Much more comfy than the pack-n-play. Ella stayed in our room for about 6 weeks but I'm sure our second child won't last even half that long in our room.

Ehrenfelds said...

I love the sweet pictures. There is nothing like a sleeping babe!

That is about how long Makayla was in our room, maybe even less.

Krystyn said...

Oh, I just love the wrinkly little face.

Izzy got the boot really faster than Nat. She was so dang noisy!

Nat wasn't nearly as bad.

Bren said...

I am ashamed to say that Maggie was in her crib from day one. Her room is RIGHT NEXT to ours though and I could hear EVERYTHING she did, but after the second night in the hospital of her grunting and snorting and sucking VERY LOUDLY on her nuk, I knew there was no way I would ever get any sleep with her next to me. Needless to say, she loves her crib more than any place in the house! He is a cutie - so teeny tiny!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Oh, Lauren, he's so precious! I love that little wrinkled forehead. Reminds me of my little guy when he was that age. It's funny because I think we actually had Austin sleep longer in our room than his sister because I wasn't quite ready to let him go, but he wasn't a noisy sleeper. ;) Nice work on putting him down awake. That's a good start for a good sleeper! :)

heidi said...

I finally moved B in with COrban, but they're right across the hall. Corbs was in with us until he was nearly two, for the love of pete. In fact, he's still in with us 2 nights a week, on average. *sigh* I'm a pushover.

That baby of yours is so darned CUTE!

Kim said...

Ah...I remember having the same thing happen to me. Except, I was a little less tolerant. Leah got one week, Rachel got 1 day and Nathan went straight into his crib from the hospital. I wish I had quiet kids or the ability to sleep more soundly. It sure would be nice to reach over and grab the baby to nurse. I hated having to get completely out of bed!

Pam said...

Great job!

I'm like Heidi in that both ours were in our bed WAY too long. It was just easier and I was a Nervous Nellie anyway.

We even had one crawl into bed with us last night. One night...I may get some real rest. Like maybe when they're married!

imbeingheldhostage said...

oh, he's beautiful! It's great that you moved him to his own bed and room, but what good is it if you spend the whole night staring at him and taking pictures? ;-) (oh, am I the one who did that?)

Megan R. said...

I love that you use the word snarfling. We use it too! He is so itty bitty and cute! C was in our room in his cradle for 4 months, but it's because he was a good, quiet little sleeper!

Nana said...

Oh, he is a sweetheart! He's a pretty handsome little guy.