Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just an update

Life in our house has been all about baby. He is only five days old but it seems like he has always been a part of our family! The girls have taken to him (especially Emma Jane) much more easily than I expected. There hasn't been any jealousy or resentment...so far!

JT is such a good baby! He has been eating really well (and enthusiastically!) I can't wait to see what he weighs when we go to the pediatrician tomorrow! Thankfully he is a good sleeper too! He has set a three hour schedule for himself at night which is really nice for me! He is a little less consistent during the day. He has peed on me a few more times, but this morning he also peed on himself which really ticked him off! (ha, ha, haha, ha!)

Last night we had a little birthday/welcome to the family party for JT complete with cake and ice cream!

Emma Jane and Libby sang "Happy Birthday" to him and then dug in to the cake!
JT had fun at the party too!


That is all from us right now! JT says "See ya!"

10 comments:

Krystyn said...

Wow! He already does look bigger! Look at him already in blue!

Ehrenfelds said...

What a sweet little guy :)

I am really glad to see the transition is going smooth. Love the birthday/welcoming party, what a great idea!

heidi said...

What a fun little welcome for JT! He's just adorable.

Emily said...

Awe, he's waving and winking! And I love the outfit. Libby and EJ are just the cutest big sisters!!!

Bren said...

So glad things are going smoothly for you and your family. He is quite the little cutie!

Grammy said...

So happy the family is enjoying this special time. Keep the pictures coming. They change so much each week.
Blessings!

Jenny- Emily's mom said...

Sorry, I made a mistake on my earlier comment. I forgot you don't know who Grammy is...or do you?

Pam said...

He's just so cute! And the girl's look so excited. Wait, were they excited JT or just about getting cake? Either way, thank goodness, right?!

Tonya said...

I love that idea of a party to welcome him into the family! If I had another baby that is what I would do but since I don't plan on another I will have to share that idea with friends :)

Robyn Booth said...

He is too precious Lauren! Congrats! I can't wait to see him in person!