Thursday, May 28, 2009
3.) How much does focusing on weight affect your daily life?(inspired by Musings Of A Blond Mom)
(Skipping #4 too)
I love top 10 lists! Here are the top 10 things that make me happy about not being pregnant anymore:
This little guy:
- Pants that zip!
- Sleeping on my stomach!
- Shaving my legs all the way down to the ankle!
- Seeing my feet when I look down!
- Holding my other two children on my lap again!
- Opening the car door without hitting my belly!
- Having my body to myself again!
- Oh and did I mention this little guy:
Because he makes me the happiest!
6.) Ok I was going to end it with five, but Laina just got out of bed as I was finishing this post and I SWEAR she is sleep walking. It's creepy. I keep asking her what she is doing and she's staring at me...but not directly at me...kind of just a centimeter to the left of my head. I KNEW she was a sleep walker. I just knew it. SO! Share a sleep walking story of your own!!(inspired by my scary four year old)
My alleged sleepwalking experience takes me back to a high school sleepover with three of my girlfriends. We had been to a party that night and then came back over to my friend Joni's house and camped out on her living room floor. The next morning when we woke up, I was greeted with "what the hell were you doing outside last night?" According to my friends, in the middle of the night I got up, unlocked the front door, went outside into the yard (it's December, by the way) and just stood there. Joni had to go out and get me and lead me back inside. Of course, being asleep, I don't actually remember doing this so I am not entirely sure that they weren't yanking my chain. I'm pretty gullible. All I know is that during the years of our friendship, in my waking hours, I never once was able to unlock the front door of Joni's house unassisted. It was a weird lock and I never could figure it out. Other than that unreliable story, I am not usually a sleepwalker.
So there you have it! Are you a weight obsessed, top ten list loving sleepwalker? If so head on over to Mama's Losin It and join the workshop fun! If not, head over there anyways and have a laugh at the rest of the crazies!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
She has changed so much since then. She has gotten taller and her face has lost it's last traces of baby fat. She doesn't look like my baby anymore. She is definitely a "big girl" now! She has become more confident and less anxious in unfamiliar situations. She has learned to write her name. She learned who Batman is from Jeremy and she learned the phrase "no fair!" (God bless the child who taught her that one!) She has had such a wonderful year filled with new experiences, new friends and a fabulous teacher! I wish Mrs Johnston was going to pre-kindergarten with her!
I don't actually have any pictures of the last day of school since my camera is still MIA. This picture was taken last week. Libby is playing dress up in "the Loft" with her friend Jiya.
She is growing up way too fast!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
My brother graduated from medical school this past Sunday and I had promised him months ago that so long as I had a two week old baby, I would be there. Since John was born in plenty of time to make the two week old cutoff, we loaded up the car and drove the 10+ hours to Brimingham, AL to celebrate with my family.
John is a super traveler! The other two children...not so much! We had been in the car for less than 20 minutes when Libby started asking "Are we there yet?" "How much longer until we get there?" "Why is it so far to Granna's house?" and so on and so on! When we finally arrived, Libby told my sister that it had taken us a few days to get there!
We had a great time visiting with family and I took lots of pictures, but of course I forgot my camera in Birmingham. So I am going to wait until I get it back to tell you all about the graduation. (It blows my mind that my baby brother is a doctor! But more about that later!)
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
- On Thursday, Libby's class hosted a Mother's Day party! This was seriously the most fun party I have been to in a while! When all of the mommies arrived we were escorted into the classroom by our children. They had decorated their table with a tablecloth and place settings for each mommy including a flower pot, handpainted by each child! There was also a gift for each of the mommies wrapped in handpainted paper. After opening our gifts, the children served us strawberries, cookies and cheese and crackers. While we ate Libby's teacher read to us some interviews she had done with the kids about their moms. It was pretty funny! Libby said that my name was Mrs. Lauren. (Apparently she and I have a very formal relationship!) She also said that I am 40 years old and that my favorite thing to do is wash clothes!
- While running errands the other day, all three of my children had a meltdown in the car! Libby, my delicate southern belle, piped up from the backseat and said, "Mommy, we are just wilting like little flowers!" Should I change her name to Scarlett or what?
- Emma Jane has become a toy hoarder. She will take the pieces to all of her favorite games and toys, put them all in one basket and then refuse to let Libby play with any of it! She also has thrown a few more of her raging tantrums, mostly about bedtime. Apparently she thinks she no longer needs sleep!
- John Thomas had his first bath at home. It really ticked him off! Although the washing didn't make him nearly as mad as the rub down with baby lotion did afterwards! I guess it was a little cold! Doesn't he look cute in his blue towel? (I am totally loving all of the little boy stuff!)
- My little man also slept for five hours in a row last night!! Woohoo!! Of course he made up for that by nursing nonstop between 3 and 6 am!
Here's one more picture of my cute baby!
Happy Mother's Day!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
JT is such a good baby! He has been eating really well (and enthusiastically!) I can't wait to see what he weighs when we go to the pediatrician tomorrow! Thankfully he is a good sleeper too! He has set a three hour schedule for himself at night which is really nice for me! He is a little less consistent during the day. He has peed on me a few more times, but this morning he also peed on himself which really ticked him off! (ha, ha, haha, ha!)
Last night we had a little birthday/welcome to the family party for JT complete with cake and ice cream!
Emma Jane and Libby sang "Happy Birthday" to him and then dug in to the cake!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Emma Jane is already taking to her new role as a big sister. Look at what a good helper she is!
Friday, May 1, 2009
So, those of you with boys...What other fun things do I have in store for me?