Monday, April 6, 2009

Not Me Monday - If Brad was writing this...

I am not a totally awesome husband, deserving of many accolades!



I did not agree to take my wife to the theater simply because I know she loves it! And I did not tell her that she could pick out any show she wanted to see and that I would gladly go with her. She did not choose Celtic Woman. (Anybody else out there never heard of that? Just in case, it is those singing Irish girls I catch my wife watching on PBS now and then. And just so you know it is not pronounced like the basketball team, so I have been told!)

I was not told by my wife that the last time I took her to such an event was the night I proposed to her. I would never let six years go by without feeding my wife's love of all things artsy fartsy the performing arts. I am more cultured than that!

I did not endured thoroughly enjoy an evening of music I couldn't understand. I did not spend the first half of the concert trying to decipher whether the songs were in English or Gaelic. No, those very talented girls sang with perfect enunciation and in octaves heard by people as well as dogs!

I did not also amused myself by making fun of their one and only dance move, a very catchy side-to-side sway. I was not super impressed when they threw in some shoulder rolls in the final number!

I did not perk up every time the leggy fiddle player ran onto the stage. I was not secretly waiting for her to trip over her dress as she jumped around.

The highlight of the evening was definitely not the guy in the lobby wearing a kilt. I mean, he wasn't even part of the show. Just another patron of the arts, enjoying the concert in a skirt kilt. I certainly did not get a kick out of his brave fashion statement.

Afterwards, we did not end the date Brad-style, with a second dinner. No way, we ate before the concert! Two dinners in one date would be gluttonous!

The whole evening was not completely worth it, simply because my wife loved it!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Ummm, completely LMAO!

Pam said...

Lauren, how lucky were you to have your hubby take you to do something only you enjoy?!

And I totally agree with Emily, it's all pretty funny!

Have a great week,
Pam

Granna said...

Big points for Brad! Yea!I know you needed that outing.

Ehrenfelds said...

That is sooo funny!!!

Krystyn said...

Hehe! I love that Brad didn't write this!

Krystyn said...

Hehe! I love that Brad didn't write this!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Oh, this is too cute! And, 2 dinners? Really?! :) I guess I would be willing to grant that wish for my husband if he did such a thing for me!

Margaret said...

How funny. I took my husband to the theater a few times when I was doing my basics. The first time was because it was for extra credit. Then we went back several times for fun, but we haven't been in a while.

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Heh heh that's great! Glad you got to see the show. I've caught it on PBS a few minutes at a time. Do you have the CD too?

I love Not Me Monday!

Tonya said...

cute twist!