Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The newest member of our family...(Republished)

You may have noticed that I have been off my game lately.
I have been trying to fight it, but I give up.
I got nothing.
So I am jumping in my DeLorean and going back in time...to when my life was interesting.
Hopefully we will return to regularly scheduled programming soon.
Until then, it is April 13, 2009...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So how many of you read that title and got really excited?

Sorry to disappoint...I have not given birth yet. But Libby has...

In the past few weeks Libby has become extremely stressed about her "pregnancy." For two nights in a row last week, she cried hysterically about her tummy being too small. My poor sweet girl was seriously concerned that her doggy was not growing like Mommy's baby! So after getting some good advice from my mom, I decided to have a talk with Libby about her doggy. When I first told her that her doggy was just pretend and that she wasn't really pregnant, she said, "of course I am Mommy." It took some convincing that she wasn't!

I told her that I had made her a special doggy to have and take care when the new baby came, but that if she was ready to stop being pregnant she could have it now. (I know, this is a bizarre conversation to be having with a three-year-old!) Of course, she wanted it now. So I made sure she understood that getting the toy dog meant that she was NOT pregnant anymore and would not be copying mommy anymore.

So I now introduce to you...Bakissa! (Who knows where that name came from!)

Libby was visibly relieved to have the (self-imposed) burden of pregnancy off of her. She said, "Mommy, I am so happy the new baby sent me Bakissa!" She is already taking such good care of her baby.

The first thing she did was sit down to nurse her baby! (So she isn't totally finished copying me!) She didn't want me taking pictures of that private moment though...

So she quickly covered with a blanket!

Now if only I could stop being pregnant so easily!!

9 comments:

Krystyn said...

What a great idea.

I love that she covered up to nurse!

(And, yes, you got me...I was thinking surely Em would have called me! Stinker!)

Bren said...

That is so precious! She looks to already be a great mommy!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

This is too funny! That's great she has her own special little doggy (baby) to be a mommy to now. What kids come up!! :)

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Of course, I meant in that last sentence...what kids come up WITH!! Oops.

Emily said...

Yes, if only we could stop being pregnant that quickly AND look that good immediately after giving birth! lol. I wish you had that conversation on videotape!

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I love her sympathy pregnancy for you. I know Bakissa will be welcomed by the whole family!

heidi said...

That's very cute! When I was pg with Corban, Cara was 4. We'd watch A Baby STory on TLC so they'd kind of know what was going on, yk? Yeah..well..Cara LOVED to play 'havin a baby' and would lay on the floor, throw her head back and scream while "pushing" and then pull whatever she'd stuffed up her shirt out from between her legs and announce the baby's arrival.

Fun stuff, man. LOL

Megan R. said...

She is too adorable for words! When did her "pregnancy" begin? Right when yours did? I started following your blog way after it started, I think!

Together We Save said...

So sweet. Looks like she learned from a good example.