Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do they have anger management for two year olds?

This morning my sweet Emma Jane through a royal fit! Brad came into the bathroom while I was getting ready to tell me that EJ was in timeout.

"What did she do?"


Apparently, Emma Jane got really mad that her poptart broke. (I know, breakfast of champions!) So in her anger, she ran into the living room to daddy and threw it on the floor at his feet. Brad picked it up and took it back into the kitchen. Emma Jane then balled up her hands into fists, shook them out in front of her and growled at Brad! Then she followed him into the kitchen and swiped Libby's half eaten poptart off the table and onto the floor!


So Brad put her in the time out chair to cool off. She is completely unrepentant! Who would have guessed that underneath that angelic face lived so much pent up rage! Lord, help me!!


8 comments:

Sarah said...

This sounds very familiar! Gotta love 2 year olds!

Krystyn said...

Oh, so very familiar!

Except ours is typically about the sippy cup!

Upstatemomof3 said...

They all pretty much go through that stage. So incredibly familiar to me.

Emily said...

It's hard to imaging EJ tantruming like that when you post such a sweet picture!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

OK, so I'm not alone!? However, I'm experiencing it at 3 years!! Mikayla is giving me a run for my money and making me want to start some parenting classes. I always thought I "had it together" (sort of) but the last few months she's been proving me wrong. How do they turn so quickly!?

Megan R. said...

First of all, I heart you even more for giving them pop tarts for breakfast. You are a cool Mom. We aren't really at tantrum town yet, but C has been trying to master the sippy cup. He gets SUPER pissed if he just SEES the stupid thing! We have to keep it out of sight until he is done eating, then give it to him. Poor kid knows what it is, and what to do with it, but just can't put it all together yet. Sigh. Oh the things to come!

Pam said...

To coin a phrase I've heard before~~

Who pee-ed in her cornflakes that morning? Holy cow! She was REALLY ticked at the world.

Question is...what did Libby do when her breakfast hit the skids?

BTW, my kids eat poptarts all the time. And to further rat myself out... Ellis was whining about still being hungry the other night before bed and asked me to name off something she could have. I start with all the fast items--fruit, crackers, granola bars, etc. She kept saying "No. Whatelse?". Having had enough of this game I finally suggested a Little Debbie Gingerbread Man sure that she go for the "cookie". She replied, "No, Mommy. That's what we eat for breakfast!"

Get in line behind me for that Mother Of The Year Award.

heidi said...

Oooh!!! Corban got one of his favorite toys put up out of reach, but still in his line of sight today. He didn't want B touch it so he SLAMMED B's fingers in it until B was screaming so hard he couldn't breathe. 8breathes deep some more* So He can't play with that toy today but I want him to look at it and REMEMBER all. Stinkin. Day. why he can't have it.

His Two Year Old Rage is fueling my 34 year old rage today.

I think we both need a nap.