Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Writer's Workshop - I used to think...

It's Writer's Workshop time again thanks to MamaKat! So let's jump "write" in! (I know that is really bad!)

I used to think...

that I was really cool. Until my three-year-old started rolling her eyes at me!

that I was impatient. Until I learned to count to 100 while a preschool insists on putting on her own shoes!

that I could sing. Until a certain little one piped up from the backseat and said, "you stop, Mommy. I want to hear the real singers." Ouch!

that naps were for children. Until I spent a sleepless night rocking a fussy baby!

that nature was just the backdrop. Until I saw the beauty of a bird in flight through the eyes of a small child.

that my house had to be clean before guests came over. Until I realized that would only be accomplished by locking the kids in the closet. Hey, this is how we really live!!

that I knew what I wanted. Until I got more than I ever expected!!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely!

Everyone ought to stop and think about that!

Emily said...

Awe, so sweet!

Annie said...

So true!

NateAndJakesMom said...

My favorite was "that I knew what I wanted. Until I got more than I ever expected!!"

So true.

Tonya said...

isn't that the truth!