Friday, March 20, 2009

Wishful thinking...Or a Sign?

Yesterday was my monthly MOPS meeting. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE MOPS! Well, let's just say that on the third Thursday of every month dirty clothes, dishes, errands, responsibilities, dr. appts, etc. go out the window and is replaced by only one priority:




You read that correctly! I actually did reschedule EJ's 2 year check up with the pediatrician because I realized it conflicted with MOPS! I always leave MOPS feeling encouraged and motivated as a mother. And there is always an awesome brunch spread and door prizes! If you are not involved in MOPS, I highly encourage visiting this link and finding a local chapter!

Back to the point. Yesterday's discussion topic was discipline which I felt was very timely given some things that have been going on with sweet Libby lately. I was really hoping to win this book in the door prize giveaway:

But I didn't. What I did get was this:


When I went up to collect my prize (which I won for answering a question correctly), Suzette, our MOPS coordinator said, "You have a little boy don't you, Lauren?"
To which I respond, "No, two girls, but I will take it anyways." (I never turn down free prizes and anyways, I have a nephew so it definitely won't go to waste!)
Then Suzette said, "Do you know what you are having?" (No.) "Well maybe this is God-ordained!" Everyone, including me, laughed and then she moved on to the next prize.
As I returned to my seat I started to wonder, (because I am always wondering about the sex of my baby): Is this God-ordained? I mean, first Libby finds two little random pieces of It's A Boy confetti. Then I get a book for little boys. Plus every weird dream I have had lately about giving birth has always been about a boy!
Am I reading what I want to see into all of this? Or could this be a sign?
Everyone out there has an opinion about what I am having. So I am asking you to put in your two cents. Am I having a boy, like the signs seem to say? Or is it just wishful thinking? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Then go visit Emily's blog (who is not allowed to comment!) and vote in her "Is Lauren Having a Boy or a Girl" poll! (It's on the right sidebar.)
Only 42 more days until we know the answer...

6 comments:

Krystyn said...

Hmmm...very interesting.

Are you sharing your boy/girl name choices? Are you going with the "E" theme.

If I didn't have tow work, I would totally be in MOPS!

Tonya said...

I would be interested to see if you do have a boy. I think it is a great possibility!

Megan R. said...

Ugh!! I tried to join my local MOPS group, but they turned me down, because they were too full! As for the baby....I'm not sure what you are having, but I'm holding out hope that it's a boy, because I will have more hope then that we WON'T have babies of all the same sex!! Do you have names picked out?

Pam said...

All of that sounds pretty interesting to me...

Not sure about a guess though.

Emily said...

Hmmm...I'm keeping my guess a secret. lol

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

MOPS is such a place of refreshment for me, too, so I'm glad to hear it's that way for you!! I definitely would have rescheduled an appointment. :) Ours is the 2nd Monday of the month!

Hmm...boy or girl? I'm just going to have to go with boy! It's gotta be!!