Friday, March 27, 2009

There were two in the bed and the little one said...

get the hell out of my crib! Roll over, roll over!! (That little children's song sounds so much nicer when Barney sings it!)

Last night after the girls went to bed, I was doing my usual blog and facebook checks. Around 10:00 I heard what sounded like loud crying from the other end of the house. Now I did not immediately go check because Brad was already in bed and I figured he would hear it too and see what was up. After about 5 minutes, the crying had only gotten louder so I decided to go see who needed me. (Seriously, my husband could sleep through a bomb going off!)

When I opened the door to the girls' room the first thing I noticed was that Libby was not in her bed. Upon taking two steps into the room, I discovered the problem. Libby, my cuddlebug, was having trouble sleeping and decided that she needed some snuggles. So she gravitated towards the nearest warm body.

Oh yeah, she crawled into Emma Jane's crib!!

Emma Jane, being sound asleep, was not in need of any snuggles, and therefore was seriously ticked not very happy about being woken up! She proceeded to try to push Libby out of the crib(according to Libby), while crying in outrage. Libby, being unable to climb back out of the crib, (and very upset by this less than welcoming reception as well) also started to cry.

So I found them. Sitting on opposite sides of the crib. Screaming at the top of their voices.

I helped Libby out of the crib and soothed her hurt feelings and calmly tried to explain why crawling into the crib probably wasn't the best idea. Then we snuggled for a few minutes before putting her back to bed. Then I wiped Emma Jane's indignant tears, covered her back up and left my two angels to sleep peacefully. *sigh*

And as I sit here typing this little anecdote, the mean mommy in me really wishes I had the whole episode on video. Because sometimes, crying children are really funny!!

12 comments:

Krystyn said...

Oh, my goodness! That's hilarious!

I can't believe she crawled into bed with her!

Kelly Jones said...

Oh, now that is funny! I can't believe Libby crawled into the crib. I agree with Emma Jane---I need my space :)

Mom24 said...

That's so funny. It's a shame you didn't grab your camera before you got them out. :-) My hubby would sleep through that too.

Margaret said...

That is so funny. It would have been great on camera.

Tonya said...

yes crying children can be funny. and my hubby can sleep through anything too.

Emily said...

Ok, really wish there had been a video of that!

scrappysue said...

that is so cute! a journalling story for sure!

heidi said...

That would have been awesome to have on video!!! Poor girlies LOL

Comfort Joy Designs said...

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.

Pam said...

Oh, I so wish you had all of that on video, too! That is so funny.

And to think that Daddy slept through both of his girls screaming at each other.

MEN. Sometimes I just wonder!

Supercool Hotmama said...

That sounds like my two little ones! My boy never got over being bumped from his crib, even though it was waayyyy past time and we'd kept little sis in the pack & play in our room for a YEAR!

Megan R. said...

OMG! That is the cutest, and most hysterical thing ever!! I would have died laughing!! What a sweet girl Libby is!