Thursday, March 19, 2009

PSF - The pink ceiling

When we moved into our house a year and a half ago, I painted the ceiling in Emma Jane's room pink. I did it on a whim, because I had seen painted ceilings in other people's houses and I always thought it looked so cool. I regretted the decision the moment the roller hit the ceiling! Painting a ceiling is HARD! It puts your body in an awkward position and paint drips everywhere! But of course once I started I had to finish. Sort of.

When I started on the ceiling, I just left the tape that was already there from painting the walls in place. So when I pulled it off there was an inch and a half white border around the ceiling. I was too sore and too sick of the project to fill in the white space so I just pretended that it was supposed to be there.

As if that weren't tacky enough, about a month later, Brad decided to change the ceiling fan in EJ's room. He replaced it with a fan that was just a little bit smaller than the one before, resulting in this:

another white border and a hole in the ceiling!

Now that we have a new baby coming, Emma Jane has moved in with Libby and her old room will continue to be the nursery. But, as many of you know, we have chosen not to find out the sex of this baby. It could be another girl. OR it might just be our first boy!! Which means...

I have to paint that freaking ceiling again! Just in case!



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

15 comments:

Ehrenfelds said...

I was thinking about that the other day. I am hoping that you do have to paint the ceiling. YAY voting for a boy!

Emily said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having...I'm just dying to know!

Krystyn said...

Oh, fun! I've heard pink is gender neutral...and I wrong?

scrappysue said...

it's still a cute colour!!!

Pam said...

Not that I NEED to point out the obvious here...2 days in a row, even...but you've got only 43 days til this new baby is due.

You better get crackin' on that ceiling. Well, the ceiling, the 1 1/2 inch white border (which really just looks like molding in the pictures!) and the hole and lack of paint around the base of the fan.

Wait, painting is NOT recommended for women in your condition (the tired, aching back, pregnant type) so Brad better get crackin'!

I give you permission to officially be off the hook this go-around. And since I'm so sure that my opinion carries so much weight around your house, I bet Brad won't give you any flack on that at all!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

painting ceiling is VERY hard!!!

mommy memories said...

what color are you painting the room? I love the bedding sets Em picked out for boy or girl, too cute. So can't wait to find out, how are you handling the not knowing?

Wayne said...

I'm a man so pink isn't my first choice but it actually looks quite cool.

great photos

Susie said...

I think that ceiling is awesome! You did a great job--especially since it was your first--ceilings are WAY too hard for me!
I would take my chances on having a girl--you never know--just ROLL with it!
Happy PSF!

Michelle said...

You fooled me......I thought the white strip was supposed to be there. :)

I love to paint, but I hate doing the ceilings. It makes my neck tense up just thinking about it.

Leah said...

Funny post! I've painted a few ceilings in my time....Oh the pain!!

kaye said...

ha, ha, ha, heee, ha

I painted my husbands office once and when I was done it was the color of crest toothpaste--not sage green as the paint chip professed!

Aw the adventures of painting, I'm sure someone has written a book about it!

Cathy said...

LOL! I think you did an excellent job! My husband and I painted our bedroom ceiling...I will never do that again!

Megan R. said...

That seems like an awfully good chore to go on the "honey do" list!!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

I'm so behind in making my blogging rounds, so forgive me for not coming by sooner!

Gotta say I love the pink ceiling and the white border around the top (planned or not). I 100% agree that painting the ceiling is AWFUL! We had to repaint our bedroom ceiling when we moved in because the previous owners had painted every square inch of the room in mustard yellow!

I'm so sorry that you have to do it again. Maybe someone real generous will volunteer? ;) Can't wait to see what color you get to paint it!