Thursday, March 26, 2009

PSF - It grows on the sides too!!

My sweet Emma Jane was born with wretchedinteresting hair. In addition to being stick straight and wispy, for the longest time it only grew in the front and the back. (You may recall me lamenting her mullet in this post.)
Every since she has had enough hair to put a bow in, our usual hairstyle has been this:

Just the hair on top pulled into a "ponytail."

Two days ago, while fixing her hair, I realized she has a lot of hair hanging over her ears. So I tried something new and sure enough, my baby finally has enough hair to pull the sides back too! (Most of it anyways!) Doesn't she look so grown up?!


I can't tell you how that extra inch of hair totally made my day!!
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

18 comments:

Krystyn said...

EJ has so much more hair than Izzy!

I just love that little bow!

Tink *~*~* said...

I have the same hair! Well, I don't have a mullet, but it's stick straight and it knots up if someone blows on it. Dreadful!

TGIF!
Tink *~*~*
Fort Myers Beach Moon

Ehrenfelds said...

I love it! I can't wait to give Makayla little ponytails :)

Straight to Your Hart said...

What a cutie!! I loved it when my girls finally had enough hair to pull back like that. Very sweet pictures.

Emily said...

omg...she does have so much hair! I'm so jealous!! She's such a big girl now!

Chris said...

No mullet there now! She does look very grown up now!

Shannon Strong said...

Oh my how cute is that! I had hair like that at her age too-it gets better I promise ;-) Happy Friday-and thanks for visiting my psf as well. -Shannon

Pam said...

Isn't it funny how girl hair can just about make you go mad!

Kelly Jones said...

My poor Emma has the exact same hair...and we also utilize the ponytail on top of the head technique to disguise it. I can't wait for that extra inch of hair :)!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Yeah! I can understand this post as my girls seemed to have slow growing hair too! .... Now hopefully she will not learn the fun of scissors!

lisaschaos said...

So sweet! My daughter had little hair until she hit kindergarten! It was sad.

Michelle said...

Have no fear, my cousin had the same hair and now it is thick and beautiful and grows everywhere. :)

Robyn said...

It is fun when you can do more with it. I am at the point where I probably should cut my daughter's hair, but can't.

Shellie said...

I feel your joy. It's exciting to watch them grow.

Sharon said...

I completely understand your joy! 2 of my kids were so blonde when they were born they looked bald.

She is a cutie and I love her hair! :)

Alex the Girl said...

Love the mullet shot!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Amen to that! She sure looks cute with her big-girl Do! We call that style "Alice in Wonderland".

Megan R. said...

Man, you really know how to make me yearn for a girl!!