Saturday, March 28, 2009

The pink ceiling is gone!!

Whenever I start moving furniture, it is a pretty clear sign that the nesting instinct is kicking in.
This morning, as I carried the changing table and a bookcase out of the nursery, "Brad gave me that patronizing look and said, "Honey, is it that time? Are you nesting?" To which I responded, "Yes, and you are painting!"
Now since I am currently possessed by a mission psychotically hormonal really motivated, he of course did not move at the speed that I wanted him too, but I did finally leave him alone and he managed to get the job done! He actually did a wonderful job and even touched up the edges and repaired that hole around the ceiling fan!

We are well on our way to being ready for Baby #3! Only 34 days to go!

To see the before pics, click here.

9 comments:

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Ah, nesting...I remember that. ;)

Glad you (your husband) got the big job done! Only 34 days!?

Emily said...

And I'm off to organize Melody's closet...nesting vicariously through you!

Krystyn said...

Looks great!


Nothing like waiting until the very end!

Pam said...

Yeah for you! Let the nesting begin!

It doesn't even look like the same ceiling. Tell Brad that he did a great patch job under the ceiling fan. You can't even tell anything was wrong to begin with.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Looks great!!!!! Not much longer to go!

heidi said...

34 days?? Egads woman! One thing I did right before I had B was to premake a couple things and throw them in the freezer. It reallllly helped me out when the family was clamoring to be fed and I was walking around with a human leech attached to me. If I lived near you? I'd totally do it FOR you but I don't, so I can't so I'm just telling you to do it for yourself. K? K.

;-)

Carebear said...

Looking good. Love the green - very similar to my now-toddler's nursery color (which we haven't changed) But did I read correctly that you "carried the changing table and a bookcase out of the nursery" at 35 weeks?! You amaze me! I could barely carry myself around at the end of my pregnancies, LOL! Thanks for visiting my What the %@*#?! Wednesday post this week!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Lauren, I forgot to say thanks for the book suggestion on Living a Life of Balance...I will definitely be on the lookout for it. I think it would be very helpful to me!

Megan R. said...

I started nesting very, very early. I was due Nov. 3rd, and the nursery was done by July!! I really thought he was going to come early, with all the complications I had though! Turns out he was so huge, he burrowed in, and wouldn't come out with out a retrieval team sent in!!

When is your due date? Are you as obsessive as I am, and will take your computer to the hospital?? I'm dying to know if it's a girl or boy!