Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama! You can head over to her blog to read what everyone else has not been doing this week too!



This weekend, I did not have an incredible dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with hubby, my sister and brother-in-law. It was totally not worth the hour wait!


While I was waiting, I was not told that I could only sit in the vacant seat inside temporarily because the woman next to me was waiting for someone to come back from the bathroom. That other person was not her teenage son! I was not on the verge of giving her a lesson in common courtesy, when the much more socially conscious young woman on the other side of me said (loudly!), "Oh honey, you can have my seat! You are way to pregnant to be standing for this long!"

Seriously! A pregnant woman is asked to give up a seat for a teenage boy! What is the world coming to?!

9 comments:

Pam said...

Are you kidding me?! I think I would've claimed that my water had just broken and then offer them their wet chair back.

And besides that, why should ANY woman give up a seat to a teenage boy! Women unite!

Krystyn said...

Oh, I would have smacked him!

WTG to that lady for saying it loud enough to hear. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from my students!

Bren said...

What has happened to good manners? Hopefully it was some small lesson for the mother and her son - shame on her!

Emily said...

Ok, I'm coming down to give them a piece of my mind now! Seriously, do parents not teach their children manners any more!?!?

Tonya said...

The sad thing is what the other lady said probably went over their heads. And to what Emily said I think some parents (this women would be one) teach their children to be self absorbed and to look out for only them. People need Jesus so much.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I was at another blog, saw your name -- my maiden name is Snellings! I wonder if we are related! :)

Kathryn Magendie said...

I was at another blog, saw your name -- my maiden name is Snellings! I wonder if we are related! :)

Wayne said...

great not me monday I can't belive about the seat I think that you should have just sat down on it

Margaret said...

Some people will shock you won't they?

I am nominating you for a blog award. You can get it by coming by my blog.