Monday, March 2, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday

I cannot get it together today! Does anyone remember that old commercial, I think it was for Sudafed, with the cartoon guy with the balloon head floating above his shoulders? Anyways, that's how I feel right now. Between lack of sleep and this cold that won't go away, I feel like my head is floating above my shoulders right now.

So with that in mind, here is my answer to Kasey's Friend Makin Monday question:

If you had $1000 dollars, and a baby sitter for a period of 24 hours what would you do?

To start with, I would kiss my sweet family goodbye. Hubby too, because he is not included in this 24 hours away. Let's face it, I am 7 months pregnant AND sick! There is no romance happening right now! The next 24 hours is all about me!

I would go to Borders and buy the third book in the Eragon series. And probably one or two more books, because I read fast. Then I would get myself a Starbucks and head to my spa appointment. I would treat myself to the works: manicure, pedicure, facial, massage. But I am definitely skipping the wax! Because like I said, there is no romance in my immediate future.

I am not going to go shopping, because that would just be depressing given my current size.

Then I would check myself into a really nice hotel, order room service for dinner and read my book in peace. After all of that I would sleep. All night. Uninterrupted. For the first time in 4 years!

I may not go home the next morning!

18 comments:

Megan R. said...

Oh, that just sounds DIVINE! Seriously! I'm going to come along, but we don't have to talk, I promise. We can just enjoy the peace, quiet and serentiy!

Emily said...

Ahhhhhhhh. I wouldn't go home either! And if you're making Brad stay home, you might as well cancel the babysitter and hold on to that money for a little extra!

Rhonda said...

Hi, you have a beautiful family! Sorry you are feeling YUCKY! Hope you get well soon. I too would go to a spa!! Every mom/woman deserves too!

Krystyn said...

Okay...that would be mine, too...except, I would add a bottle or two of wine! And, I might or might not invite hubby....

Julie Isa said...

I hear you on the no sleep. It's been years, really. hope your feeling better!

jenjen said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan - especially being pregnant! You need to catch up on your sleep before the new one comes!

Have a great day!

Jen

Pam said...

I agree with Emily-cancel the sitter and save the cash. Speaking of the cash, a quick tally of your 24 hr related expenses looks to me like you've only spent half.

I'm sure it's a "Use it or lose it" situation and I'd hate to see that happen. Let me know when you're taking off and I'll be happy to help you spend the remainder. I promise I don't take up that much space and I certainly don't expect ANY romance!

Thanks for stopping over earlier and also for following along. I guess I can stop lurking around here and make it official, too!

It's pretty sad when you're too lazy, strike that, busy to click that itty bitty "follow" button that ultimately makes your blogging life so much easier. And just to be perfectly clear there--I was talking about myself. I do admit to laziness sometimes though.

Have a great week,
Pam

becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

I am 7 months pregnant too....and that sounded heavenly!! I love to read and never make enough time for it!

Take care of yourself...

Becca

becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

I am 7 months pregnant too....and that sounded heavenly!! I love to read and never make enough time for it!

Take care of yourself...

Becca

Tanielle said...

That was a cute post. Loved the idea of getting away from everyone. Sometimes ya just need alone time! Good luck with your pregnancy, and hope you get feeling better soon. I was sick the entire 9 months with my last one...not so fun, I feel for you! You have a beautiful family!!

Ashley and Eric said...

I love your day. Peace and quiet, wouldn't that be nice??

Wayne said...

I would like to invite you to take part in my new post called Tell a joke Tuesday. you can either tell a joke or a funny story that has happend to you or a friend ths week. it has mr linky so the world can view your joke or story. I hope you will take part

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

You definitely need to make this little get-away happen while you are pregnant -- you deserve it!

heidi said...

I am NOT 7 months pregnant and our 24 hours is eerily similar. LOL

Tonya said...

I haven't slept through the night in 9 plus years! I like your getaway :)

Kasey said...

Wow, I'm glad I gave you $1000 pretend dollars and 24 pretend hrs to yourself because you've earned them! You should tell your hubby you want about $200 real dollars and just do the hotel thing before baby #3 comes because sleep won't get better once he/she arrives!

Pam said...

What a great dream day. I can relate, I would love a day with money to just what I wanted to do!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

So sorry that you are suffering a cold. No fun! I'm catching up on my blog reading, so you may get quite a few comments from me tonight! :)

Love your 24 hours. If I were 7 months pregnant, I might do this exact same thing...but, maybe with a different book. ;)