Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who knew diapers could be so cute!

A few months ago I made the decision to switch to cloth diapers with Baby #3. I googled cloth diapers on a whim one night and the more I researched the more I knew without a doubt that cloth was the way to go! In addition to environmental and economical reasons, skin issues were also a big part of my decision. Both of my girls have sensitive skin and suffered from really bad diaper rash. Cloth diapers should prevent that this time.



With my decision made, I started shopping around. I had no idea that there were millions of choices with cloth! I found an online store, Sunshine Diapers, that offered a "test drive" diaper set. Basically, you can rent one of each kind of diaper they carry, try them out for a couple of weeks and then send them back for a store credit to use for the diapers you like best! Pretty sweet deal! I decided to go ahead and test drive the cloth on EJ and I am loving it so far! Laundry really hasn't been a big deal. The most stressful part of cd'ing is picking which diapers we like best. I think that for daytime, I have settled on fitteds with a cover and for night time we will be using a pocket diaper stuffed with a hemp prefold.



And honestly, even if cloth wasn't a better choice for my family for the reasons stated above, the cuteness factor might be enough to sway me to the cloth side!



















Seriously, the brown with pink polka dots might be my favorite!

4 comments:

Megan R. said...

I'm with you! I'm totally addicted to cd'ing! We don't have a ton of stuff yet, but we have a LOT of Thirsties. Thirsties covers, fitteds and AIO's. Haven't tried out the AIO's yet, but we love the covers and fitteds!!

No, I haven't tried cloth wipes yet, but I think I'm going to. I'm not opposed to the throw away wipes, but I no longer have a dirty diaper to wrap them up and throw them away in! So, I end up with a handful of poop covered wipes I have to go throw away. Cloth wipes seem inevitable!

Have you checked out DIaperswappers?

Krystyn said...

I think I would do it if I stayed home, but with daycare, I don't think they will do it.

Those are pretty stinkin' cute.

Sorgius Studios said...

Did you seriously say "RENT" a diaper? As in let me "do stuff" in this diaper, then return it to you so you can rent it to the next customer?

emily said...

Ok, those are pretty stinkin' cute! It's a good thing Charlie's a boy b/c I might have to switch if I had another girl!