Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Tickle Monster & other odds and ends

So when I told Libby last week that Aunt Martha and Uncle Ed were coming to visit, the first words out of her precious little mouth were, "And she is going to bring me a present!" I was torn between whether to laugh or to reprimand her for having the gimmies. Of course, Aunt Martha did in fact bring a present: a copy of this book


complete with a set of Tickle Mitts, which instantly transform the reader into a Tickle Monster!


Uncle Ed, who is the official Tickle Monster in our family, happily donned the mitts and read the girls their bedtime story! Emma Jane was hooked with the first tickle and became Ed's little shadow for the rest of the weekend!

I wish I had taken my camera out to dinner with us on Saturday night because she all but sat in his lap the entire meal! Watching her watch him with those adoring puppy eyes is one of the sweetest things I have witnessed recently! My own father passed away several years ago and I hate that he isn't here to know my girls. He would have been the best granddad! But moments like this make me so thankful that I have four amazing uncles who are more than happy to fill the very big "granddad shoes" left by my father! (And for those of you that don't know me, please don't read this and think "oh, those poor girls have no grandfather", because they do! My husband's father is awesome and my girls LOVE pawpaw! This is strictly written from a maternal side of the family perspective!)

Uncle Ed with Libby and Emma Jane




Libby and Aunt Martha had a really good time making cupcakes! Libby did the pouring and stirring of the ingredients all by herself! Unfortunately the cupcakes were really not good! I think it was the recipe though. We got it out of the March issue of her High Five magazine. Any fellow High Five subscribers, don't bother making the lemon cake. It is gross! Here are a few pictures of the process (which is really the most important part):

and because no job is complete without cleaning up:

The Aunt Martha fun did not end with cupcakes! Today Martha picked Libby up from school and took her out to lunch and shopping! Libby came home from a fun outing to Target with a new headband, Barbie sunglasses, a new spring outfit and St Patty's date plates for her teddy's birthday! EJ also got a coordinating outfit and sunglasses! Here is Libby is her new things! How cool is she!

The following picture has nothing to do with our visiting relatives. I just think it is funny seeing the things that Libby picks up from Mommy! She already prefers to breastfeed her baby dolls rather than bottlefeed them and apparently she is also taking up babywearing! She wore Elmo like this all afternoon:
I think she is going to make a great mommy someday!
And since Emma Jane loves to be the center of attention, she requested that her picture be taken as well:
That's all from us right now! Any other aunts, uncles or grandparents that want to come visit are welcome! We don't want the fun to stop!! (All aunts, uncles, or grandparents do have to be related to us!)

4 comments:

Krystyn said...

Oh, your girls are lucky!

And, you are lucky to have that kitchen. I'm jealous.

Megan R. said...

Oh, how fun! Visits from relatives are ALWAYS good when you are a kid! The baby wearing pic cracked me up! What do you prefer? I heart my wrap! Your girls are just TOO cute!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

I love the idea of the Tickle Monster book that even comes with Tickle Mitts! My daughter would fall in love with this...I'll have to look into it.

These pictures were so fun to look at...especially with all of the fun they were having with their aunt and uncle. Extended family is such a blessing!

heidi said...

Oh, how FUN! I envy you and your closeness with your siblings. I am estranged from my brother and my step-brother and I aren't really close, at all. I haven't actually spoken to him in about 2 years. My step-sister - eh, we're just related by marriage, that's all.

Ugh - enough of my sad story!

Your pictures were ADORABLE! I love littles in sunglasses.