Monday, February 23, 2009

Rain Drops on Roses...

As part of Kasey's Friend Makin' carnival - she's given us the task of listing 10 of our favorite things. Brad and the kids are not on this list because I think I have made it clear how I feel about them!

So here are 10 of my favorite things: (in no particular order)


1. Twilight, or more specifically Edward. (Is it wrong to be in love with a fictional character?)
2. Thirsties cloth diapers. These things rock and they are so cute too!




3. Peanut butter. I have an almost unnatural love of peanut butter! Has anyone ever seen that episode of Friends where Joey suggests Monica and Chandler serve "peanut butter fingers" at their wedding? I have eaten peanut butter like that before!





4.my minivan. I know it is not cool, but let's face it: I stopped being cool the second the stick turned blue! And there is nothing more fun than my automatic door openers!




5. the Melting Pot. Fondue is so good! If it wasn't really hot, I would actually lick the pot at the end of the chocolate course! Mmmm!


6. fun purses. My favorites are Big Buddha and Amy Kathryn bags. And I am loving that Amy Kathryn makes diaper bags too!
7. the Loft. I could spend millions of dollars in there! (If I had millions of dollars!)

8. naptime. I never realized how much I love naptime until my older daughter stopped taking one!


9. Showers. L-o-n-g, HOT showers!! By myself, without little faces pressed against the glass asking when I am going to get out!



10. bottled water. I know some people think it is just expensive tap water and it may well be, but to me it tastes better! (And I always recycle!)
What are 10 of YOUR favorite things? Head over to Kasey's and join the fun. :-)

16 comments:

Leah said...

What a great list! :)

heidi said...

Ahhhh showers. Yk what I do sometimes? LOL I take a drink and a book in the shower with me and read. If I aim the spray down and hold the book up, it doesn't get wet. Yeah, I'm a dork. ;-)

Wayne said...

hey

I'm doing a new post called Tell a joke tuesday. It has mr linky so you can share your jokes or funny story that happend to you with the world

I hope you will join in
it starts in about 5 hours

Megan R. said...

Oh lady, we could truly be best friends! I am sooo in love with Thirsties right now!! Well, the fitteds and covers. I just got 7 brand new TFF's in the mail today. They are sooo soft brand new! I rubbed them on my face! I tried the Thirsties AIO's, but they don't fit my guy right. Now I have 6 mediums I have to sell! I also love purses, naptime, melting pot, and long hot showers! See? Best friends! I wish you lived out here in the corn fields with me!

Megan R. said...

oh! And peanut butter! I double heart peanut butter! It was my ONE saving grace while having gestational diabetes. I too have had peanut butter fingers!! My fav is Skippy Honey Nut!

Xazmin said...

Whatever. Minivans are SO cool! My husband keeps saying he wants to get an SUV. I told him when I can come out of the store and click a button that opens all the kids' doors, well then we can talk! I love my minivan and there's nothing cooler! Loved your list!

Krystyn said...

That was a good list! And, I'm loving my minivan and hot showers, too!

Gwen said...

Great list! And oh the peanut butter fingers story makes me smile. I love that Joey Tribiani.

Tanielle said...

Great list...I love Twilight...sooo much. Absolutely not wrong to be in love with him. YUM!

CC said...

Melting pot! mmmmmmmmm!!!!

Kelli said...

Cool list. I love my minivan too, especially the doors. I will have to try the Melting Pot.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Fun list! And you do realize that if I do this too, our list will be pretty much the same...well except for the peanut butter thing...you're on your own there!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Hi Lauren,

I'm just a little late in joining the party for Friend Makin' Monday, but better late than never! Your list made me chuckle...especially the peanut butter addiction and your mini van automatic doors (love those things!) It's been fun getting to know you through this fun blogging world. I enjoy reading your blog and I thank you for continuing to read mine!

About the butterfly cupcakes...of course you can take the idea. I "borrowed" it from a magazine which actually went more in depth than what I did, but at the last minute, I didn't have time so I improvised and made it a little more simple, which I liked how it turned out! Have fun party planning!

Tanya from Miller Racing Family said...

Great list this week and I love all the photos. I am so with you on the fun purses. I have a link on my blog that has Longaberger purses for $5.00. I live by the rule when baby naps, mommy naps. I want to invite you to come over to my blog, I am having a bath and body works giveaway! Have a blessed day!

AndreaLeigh said...

thank you for stopping by my blog! oh my goodness, i love the melting pot! my husband says is a humongous waste of money but i still think it is worth every penny.