Thursday, February 5, 2009

Photo Story Friday - Baby Got Back!

"Oh my gah, Becky! Look at her butt...!"

Wait a second! That's my butt!!!


Never mind.

----------------------------

So there are a lot of, a few, maybe one or two great things about pregnancy! To be honest, I actually don't like pregnancy at all. I know some women love being pregnant and embrace all of the disgusting and inconvenient , miraculous changes occurring in their bodies. I am just not one of those women. I love having babies, I just wish I could skip the months of pregnancy required to get those babies.


Over the course of my three pregnancies, I have noticed a trend. With each pregnancy, I have actually gained less weight and showed later than the previous pregnancy. Now before you try to throw something at through the computer let me just say that I have yet to stay within the recommended 30-35 lb weight gain advised by my ob. I am not going to tell you how much weight I actually gained with Libby because it is downright embarrassing. But for those of you who follow celebrity gossip, it is right up there with Kate Hudson!

With my current pregnancy, I have noticed a new and disturbing trend. Every few weeks I have my husband take a picture of me to document my growth. After reviewing the last few pictures I noticed that my belly doesn't seem to be growing at all! Now I am sure that that is not true, because my ob has not expressed any concern at my lack of growth. I simple think that the growth of my baby bump has been dwarfed by the accelerated and excessive growth of my posterior bump! That's right, my butt is more pregnant than my belly this go round! This growth is so pronounced that while I have plenty of room to grow in the panels of my maternity pants, the fabric across my rear end is stretched so tight i am just waiting for the day that I bend over and hear a giant RIP!!







This is me at 16 weeks. Pretty normal for a third pregnancy I think!















Now here I am, 8 weeks later, at 24 weeks!




27 weeks. (Seriously, is the baby in my belly or my butt?)


28 weeks.

At least after a weekend with Emily, my belly seems to be catching up to my butt! (Thanks for all that good cooking, Em!)

-----------------------------

Speaking of big butts, check out what a double stuffed (for nighttime) cloth diaper does to my baby's already voluptuous bottom! Talk about "baby got back!"


Sorry, EJ, you inherited that from Mommy's side of the family!



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

18 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

I have three kids, and I think my butt did the same thing the last time. I didn't get big in the belly, but my butt and thighs were rather large.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

umm no worries thress children and I think you look amazing .

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

you look fantastic - I don't know what you are talking about!!!!

Jill (Sneaky Momma) said...

I totally agree with your first paragraph. :)
You look fabulous for 28 weeks! I wish I looked like that at that point in my pregnancy with either of my girls.

Krystyn said...

You look great! And, I'm pretty sure my booty was much bigger than yours during pregnancy and is still bigger now!

I hope I can gain less with a third!!

Mommy Memories said...

LPS, I so miss seeing you and your gigantic butt! Just Kidding! You do look great and you will be so thin again before you even know it! I am glad you can be so humorous about it all, that is good! =) Steph

Kasey said...

Hi ! I came to visit from Blue Eyed Blessings...if it makes you feel any better, the only place I got stretch marks with my prenancy is my rump! I know right?! But really...you are such a super cute pregnant girl! Congrats!

emily said...

That is so funny! I'm so glad you can laugh at your self and embrace your Rosalie-like booty!! At least you know yours will go away eventually...mine is here to stay! lol.

emily said...

and yes, EJ looks pretty bootylicious as well!

♥ spoiled mommy ♥ said...

WOW-I wished I looked THAT great when I was prego!!

She is adorable...dont you just love their lil butts!

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

You look fabulous!!! I am one of those people who enjoyed being prego even though I was terribly sick. loL! However, you really do look great. I think your hiney appears bigger only because your stomach is getting bigger. Now worries, you're more than half way through.

Cherry Family said...

You crack me up Lauren! Love ya!

Kelly Deneen said...

You look awesome!!! Your butt is not growing. The hormones must be affecting your eyesight. ;)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks for the laughs and smiles! :) We all feel strange about our bodies when they grow for the baby.... you look like you recover well, I'm sure you'll be feeling better in no time. keep documenting that growing belly

Susie said...

You look amazing! WOW! so not posting my preggo pics after that--no way!!!!! You are beautiful. WTG Mom!!

Um, I'm as big as your 16 week pic and I'm only at 8 weeks w/ baby #2 just to give you perspective!

The Harris Family said...

You look FANTASTIC!! Very cute post! Congratulations on your upcoming baby #3

Jenners said...

This was toooo funny!
I think you look really cute.
And the other day I noticed that my butt has become ... well, let's just say it ... rather large. I hardly ever look at myself sideways or in the back but I see I have some work to do. And I'm not pregnant! : )

thanks for stopping by earlier! It is much appreciated!

Megan R. said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I love finding new bloggy buddies, and ESPECIALLY ones who are cd'ing!

First of all....you look GREAT!! And I loved reading that you DON'T enjoy pregnancy! I hated being pregnant, but I LOVE having kids. I'm with you, I wish I could have the end results sans 9 months of misery!!! My guy was 11 pounds 3 ounces. Needless to say, I looked HUUUUUGE! By 6 months, people were asking if I was past my due date!

I'm so glad you are cd'ing! I will be stalking you too, to see how you like it! We haven't ventured into night time cd'ing yet, so I'll be reading about your adventures!