Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me Monday






It is Monday again and I definitely have not had an action packed, (and rather disgusting) weekend!  

For instance, 

I did not survive a five hours of plane travel with two small children and one big one!

I did not fully expect to have a great weekend skiing (well watching) with my sister and her family!

I was not completely disappointed!

I did not witness my sweet Libby trip and hit her face on a large antique chest at my sis's house!  
I did not have to wait for the endless blood flowing out of her mouth to stop before I could inspect the damage! 

I was not totally relieved that she didn't knock a tooth out or need stitches!

I did not naively think that the weekend wasn't ruined!

I did not spend the first night at the mountain house holding Emma Jane as she threw up literally every fifteen minutes between midnight and six am!

I did not spend the next day being repeatedly thrown up on by the other one! 

I did not spend the entire weekend in the house with two sick children while my hubby went snowboarding!  (with my blessing, of course, because after all I did not think that the children were on the mend when he left!)

We did not head back to my sis's house after a disappointing vacation only to have it get worse!  My sister did not have to immediately go to the ER because with chest pains and respiratory distress!  (She is doing much better.  Still feels crappy but she can breath again and it isn't pneumonia!)

While she was gone, EJ did not start throwing up again!  From both ends!!

I am not looking forward to being at home and healthy again!

Head on over to MckMama's to see what everyone else has not been doing the week!

7 comments:

Krystyn said...

Oh.My. Goodness!

Em told me about your fun-filled weekend. We both agreed that it might be better for you to head to a warmer climate next year!

Megan R. said...

Oh no!!! That sounds horrible. I'm pretty sure that your hubby owes you a nice spa day after all of that!!!

Emily said...

That is so terrible!! Seriously, I think you might need to skip the NH vaca next year and head somewhere else with the Caseys until the cycle breaks!

heidi said...

Holy suckfest batman! I'm sorry! :-(

I'm making your chili for dinner tonight!

mommy memories said...

so sorry, hope everyone is better soon!

Tanya said...

I'm sorry about your weekend! I, os course, have no idea what it's like to be thrown up on, it really doesn't happen to me with my two girls!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

I'm so sorry your trip did not go as planned...or even close to planned! Hope your household gets back to feeling better soon!