Tuesday, February 3, 2009

If arranged marriages still happened...

Today was our first day home after a fun weekend with friends. Libby keeps asking when we are going to go back to visit Jack and sleep in the sleeping bag again! Jack misses Libby too! According to his mommy, they had the following conversation yesterday after we left:


J: "Mom, is Libby's house down the street?"
Mom: "No, Jack. Libby's house is in Florida."
J: "Is Florida a neighboring state?" (Yes, a four-year-old did use the phrase "neighboring state!" He is very smart!)
Mom: "It is, but it is all the way on the other side of our state so Libby's house is still a very long way away."
J: "I wish Libby was my sister so she could live at my house. She would be a good sister."
Mom: "Well you already have a sister. Maybe Libby could be your wife."
J: "Yes, I want Libby to be my wife! She would be a really good wife!"
Oh Jack, I want Libby to be your wife too!! How sweet are they?

Jack serenading my daughter! (sort of)

2 comments:

Krystyn said...

Oh, how sweet!

And, that picture is perfect!

emily said...

Seriously, they are the cutest couple! =)