Saturday, February 28, 2009

Flashback - the first kiss

It's Flashback Friday time! Or it was yesterday. I am a little slow with the blogging this weekend. This week Danielle is asking us to describe your first kiss! To quote Danielle, in order for this kiss to count "I wanted to kiss him, he wanted to kiss me and we liked each other." That does not apply to my first kiss at all!! Even so, let's pretend it was a fairy tale moment.

Once upon a time in the land of pre-adolescence, there lived a princess of tender years. (I was all of 11 or 12 years old!) One night at a royal ball (okay it was actually movie night at a friend's house) the young princess had a romantic (yeah, right) encounter with Romeo's younger brother, Dorko! Okay, enough with the fairy tale telling. Actually, it was this guy whose name I have blocked out that had a crush on me. At some point during the movie, everyone else just happened to have to go to the bathroom at the same time! I was too naive to smell the set-up at that time! It took all of five seconds for what's-his-face to start trying to suck mine off! He actually tried to slip me the tongue! Ewww! (Of course, I have since gotten over my initial revulsion of french kissing, but at the time I was appalled!) I quickly pulled away in disgust! And that was pretty much the end of that! We definitely did not live happily ever after! I never actually spoke to him again.

I told you mine, now you tell me yours! Visit Danielle to sign Mr. Linky and read about everyone else's embarrassing first kiss!

3 comments:

Emily said...

So funny! I loved how you re-named him Dorko...although after hearing about his tongue-slipping, it makes me want to stop calling my kids that! I know, I know, I shouldn't call them that anyways!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Yikes! What a shocking experience! I would have been mortified! Glad you never talked to Dorko again!

Nana said...

So funny!!! I love the way you tell a story. Nana had a first kiss too, albeit 52 years ago. I was 10 and running as fast as I could from the cutest boy. We, the neighborhoods kids, were playing kiss chase in the late evening. I finally got caught (cornered by three boys). One kiss from that cute guy which was very fast and not too memorable. I think the chase was more fun than the kiss.