Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tossing and Turning in Tampa

Libby's usual morning habit is to come into my room when she wakes up and snuggle for a few minutes before we get up to start the day. Well last night Libby took advantage of Daddy being out of town and showed up early: 9:30pm early! She came into my room while I was reading and after telling me that I am supposed to turn out my light when I go to bed she asked if she could sleep with me. So I let her...I had NO idea how much room a three-year-old takes up in a king sized bed! A few things about Libby: she is a kicker! I am six months pregnant and there is nothing quite like having one child kick you in the other child and to feel that other child kick back from the inside! She is a snuggler and even in her sleep she gravitates to the warmest body available. At one point I am hanging onto the edge of the bed for dear life when Libby, who also talks in her sleep, says "can I just lay here!" in an exasperated tone! I guess my attempts at not falling off the bed were disturbing her. So I got up and went to the other side of the bed to try to get a few more hours of sleep. Needless to say, I am really tired this morning!

No comments: