Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tossing and Turning in Tampa, Part 2

So I shared my bed with one of my children again last night. For someone who swore she would never be a co-sleeper, I sure do seem to be doing a lot of that lately. This time it was Emma Jane. She started out the night in her own bed. But around 10:30, just as I was headed to bed, she started crying so I went in to her because I didn't want her to wake up Libby. I got her calmed down and back to bed, so I left. Before I can even get one contact out, she is crying again and this time, Libby joined in. Now my Libby is like her mommy; she does not appreciate being woken up, so her crying was especially loud! I took Emma Jane out of the room to rock her for a while. She fell back to sleep but of course when I tried to take her back to bed she woke up and started again. At this point, I realized there was a good chance I could end up sleeping fully dressed, contacts in place, and holding my baby in the glider all night. So, I took her to my room and put her in the bed with Brad just so I could change my clothes and get ready for bed. When I came out of the bathroom, she and Daddy were sound asleep, so I thought, "whatever, I am not moving her again." I actually slept surprisingly well until Brad poked me at 3am and asked me if I could move EJ over because he was falling off the bed. Little Emma Jane did to Daddy what Libby did to me a couple of weeks ago, but Brad was too afraid to disturb her to shove her over himself! I am hoping EJ doesn't try to make this a habit, but my big softy of a hubby has already said that if she cries tonight he doesn't mind if she sleeps in our bed again. Libby agrees with Daddy. She asked me how long until Emma Jane stops sleeping her room!

No comments: