Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Top Ten Things a Mom Should Never Feel Guilty About

This top ten list was in my Parenting magazine for this month. It made me laugh, so I thought I would share it with you. (I am copying this verbatim from the magazine and I completely disagree with #5!)


1. Having the impulse, after discovering your kid has used your $20 lipstick to draw a giant plum-colored pig on your dining room wall, to call up Brad and Angelina and ask them if they'd like to take in one more

2. Returning the fancy but useless baby gift to the department store and spending the credit on shoes for yourself

3. Suspecting that those stars who got their prebaby bodies back in two weeks are on drugs

4. Feeling secretly glad when you catch your neighbor's "perfect" child in a nuclear meltdown

5. Introducing your sister's kid - little miss organic-only - to her very first Twinkie

6. Setting up playdates just with kids whose mothers you like

7. Calling your jiggly belly your "mummy tummy" ten years after childbirth

8. Noticing the hot dad at dropoff (hey, you're just lookin'!)

9. Insisting on grownup music in the car

10. Knowing, really knowing, with every fiber of your being, that your kid is the cutest one in her class picture

4 comments:

mberenis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ehrenfelds said...

Ok, so I will definitely have to post my ten reasons. Just give me a few day :)

emily said...

Ok, I totally do number 6!! And no question about it...Libby is the CUTEST!! I can't wait to see her and EJ on Friday...yeah!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

well hello there saw you on mck mamas web site wanted to pop in an say hi. what a adorable blog you have aNS I LOVE YOUR NOT ME MONDAY POST...


WE AT CIRCLE OF LIFE HAVE A WEEKLY FUN WEDNESDAY EVENT COME STOP BY AND JOIN IN THE FUN.. I ADDED MY SELF AS A FOLLOWER PLEASE DO THE SAME SO WE CAN READ EACHE OTHERS STORIES..
FUNNY THING MY LITTLE GIRL IS NAMED EMMA AND HER DOLLY IS EMMA JANE LOL SO CUTE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON MICHELLE