Friday, January 23, 2009

PSF- Saying Goodbye to the Mullet

I married a man with thick, curly hair. When he and I were dating and I was fantasizing about our future children, I always envisioned them with my husband's thick, curly locks. So far, I have given birth to two beautiful little girls who have definitely inherited my genes in the hair department! They both have thin, wispy, very straight hair! Emma Jane's hair is especially interesting because it grows forward into her eyes and back over her neck but not over her ears. The result is a look that was heinous even in its late-eighties heyday: the dreaded mullet!!

Now I admit it, I did push what little hair she does behind her ears in this first picture. But even without it pushed back, you can see the effect is pretty much the same.


"Mom, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean have you checked this woman's credentials at all!"

It was a good thing we brought Daddy along! He was a big help with holding EJ's head down so while the back was cut.

The finished product!

Like any woman, EJ is very attached to her hair and initially wasn't thrilled about having it hacked off.

Mommy thinks it looks beautiful now that it is almost even!!

Emma Jane finally realized the haircut was a good move. I believe her exact words were, "It is hard lookin' so fine!!"
Good-bye, Mullet! And good riddance!





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek








5 comments:

Jonny's Mommy said...

I think she looks darling! I had that really thin hair and then it got too thick, but never like my mom's which is very curly and thick. We tried a perm with my hair one time. Yikes! That was scary!

Anyhow, your kids are adorable and love the blog!

Krystyn said...

That is too cute! Izzy is no where close to needing a hair cut (and she got mommy and daddy's frizzy hair)!

What a perfect little pony tail.

emily said...

EJ is too adorable even when she's crying! Love the haircut and jealous that you actually have hair to cut! LOL

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

She's cute, and her new do is a good one. I know how you feel I wished for thick hair for mine and they were near bald til 3! :)

Mary Shar said...

I think it is a family gene. Riley's hair grows just like Ej's and Justin is calling it the Baby Mullet. So much for marrying for the good hair gene, huh? We both lost on that one, how is baby Justine doing? Justin is still craking up on that one! I love EJ's haircut, hoping Riley's grows in more soon.