Monday, January 5, 2009

Party Pooper

Emma Jane reminded me today why we will never own another dog! She and Libby were playing together happily in the playroom with their new dollhouse, so I decided to use the few minutes of peace to check my email. That peace was quickly interrupted when Emma Jane came running over to me saying "poo-poo, poo-poo." I asked if she needed her diaper changed and she said "no." So just to be sure, I lifted up her dress to check her diaper and lo and behold, she isn't wearing a diaper!!! So I think, oh no she pooped and then took her diaper off herself! So I run to the playroom and sure enough EJ's diaper is on the floor. The diaper was wet but there was no poo-poo in it! So now I am thinking that she needs to poop but wanted fresh diaper to do it in (babies are strange like that) so we head to her room to get another diaper. At this point, I hear Libby shrieking "I found it!! The poo-poo is behind the dollhouse!" Sure enough, my daughter had taken off her diaper, squatted behind the dollhouse and pooped on the floor! As I am cleaning up the mess my little peacemaker, Libby, comes over and gives me hug and tells me, "Don't worry, Mommy. I always poop in the potty!" Thanks, Libby! At least one of my children is more evolved than a canine!

1 comment:

Ehrenfelds said...

YUCK at least she didn't paint with it like some other child I know!