Sunday, January 18, 2009

A night out with my man

Have you ever been to one of those restaurants where they serve you really tiny food on oversized plates and then charged an arm and a leg for it? Brad and I experienced just such a restaurant last night. We were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, which isn't actually until next week, but we had a free babysitter last night so we took advantage! (Thanks, Nana.) The restaurant was this small, really trendy place in South Tampa called SideBerns. They offer a six course tasting menu that is just that: a taste! After the second course, Brad ask me if he was going to be able to get full. He is a steak and potatoes kind of man! Luckily, there was a really good bread basket too! It was pretty fun getting to try a lot of different things that I have never tried before. (Or even heard of! Anyone know what bronzini is? It is a fish, similar to sea bass so the waiter tells me. It was actually really good, but I would never have ordered it because of it's name!) It was also fun watching my husband try to make each tiny portion last as long as possible. He actually managed to turn his one little pheasant ravioli into six bites! Watching Brad eat has always fascinated me. I noticed on our first date that he eats in a pattern! But that is another story for another time. By the end of the meal, we both agreed that the food was good although not worth the pricetag. It took my man most of the car ride home to wrap his head around what we had spent on dinner. We rarely splurge. In fact, the last thing he said to me before we got home was (completely seriously), "So can we go back to being middle class tomorrow?" Even after five years, he still makes me laugh!

No comments: