Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Day at Clearwater Beach

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in sunny Florida! Clear skies and a very pleasant 65 degrees, so we decide to load up the kids and head to the beach for a few hours.

(For those of you living under a mountain of snow right now, please don't get mad and stop reading my blog!)

I am not usually a fan of the beach, but I really love it during the "winter." For those of us that are locals, it is way too cold to wear bathing suits or actually go near the water, there is no needed to drag all of the cumbersome beach gear along! We just brought a bucket and some shovels and the girls were set!



Emma Jane soon tired of the pail and started pouring the sand directly on herself!


Then, she and Libby thought it would be a good idea to try to bury Daddy in the sand. I don't think it is working!

Libby is so proud of her "sandcastle!"
Clearwater beach has a playground on the beach, so after the girls were finished in the sand, we played on the slides for a while:



What a great day!!

1 comment:

emily said...

I am so jealous! We are so going to the beach when I come when HeyleighAliceJohnEdwardJasperEmmett is born!